Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From Home Cooking mag July/August 2005. You can also use chicken breasts for this.
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 4 turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots and onions. Top with turkey thighs.
- Combine soup, water, garlic, italian seasoning and salt; pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on high 7-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees and vegetables are tender.
This was one of the first recipes my BF made all on his own and it was a winner. It was super simply and came out delicious. The only change we made was to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they were on sale and a bit more healthy than the thighs. Great crock pot dish!