Recipe by Ppaperdoll
I love saltimbocca. This is a variation using turkey from Delicious magazine, who suggests serving it with green beans.
- 4 turkey breast
- 4 slices prosciutto, halved widthways
- 16 small fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 200 ml white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten turkey breast steaks between two sheets of cling film using a rolling pin. Cut each steak in half lengthways.
- Lay a piece of prosciutto on each turkey steak. Top with 2 sage leaves each and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the turkey in two batches, prosciutto side down, 2 minutes, then turn and cook two minutes more. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Pour white wine into the pan to deglaze. Simmer rapidly 4-5 minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in remaining butter to melt through.
- Remove and discard toothpicks from turkey. Divide between 4 plates and serve with sauce spooned over.