Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Open faced sandwich full of home cooked comfort. Makes for a nice small plate, or when you are only hungry enough for just a sandwich, but want warm homestyle food. TNT
- 113.39 g moist roasted turkey (may use roast beef, roast pork, or roast chicken as well)
- 118.29 ml mashed potatoes
- 1 slice soft white bread (such as Wonder bread)
- 236.59 ml turkey gravy (or gravy appropriate to your meat choice)
- Place bread on plate.
- Top with hot mashed potatoes and hot turkey over that.
- Cover all with gravy.
really good. I ended up with a huge sandwich bc i discovered i was out of white bread, so made a small loaf if Tajikastan bread (like a pita) to put it on. cept it puffed up a lot lol. Flavors are wonderful, next time i will add some cranberry sauce too.
Yummy comfort food! Made this for lunch today. I used pre-cooked packaged turkey, instant mashed potatoes and made the gravy from a packet. I will make this again with Thanksgiving leftovers and I know it will be much better with "fresh" cooked turkey, real mashed potatoes and gravy. I might use a nice slice of sourdough bread then too (which we have at Thanksgiving). This was good even with the packaged stuff though.