Recipe by Kat's Mom
February 2007 recipe on my Turkey Hill calendar. They make such great ice cream! Cannot wait to make it and post a picture - perfect for Valentine's Day. I don't know what size Lady Finger package is available in your area, but 14 ounces seems to be the average here. Not sure how long the "Chill until firm" takes, I have guess-timated 4 hours in the cooking time, but will let you know.
- 14 ounces ladyfingers or 14 ounces angel food cake
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cherry ice cream (black cherry)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate syrup
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with Lady Fingers.
- Boil water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir gelatin in the boiling water until dissolved.
- Stir in ice cream.
- Pour gelatin mixture into the lined loaf pan (some Lady Fingers might float to the top of the gelatin mixture).
- Cover with a second layer of Lady Fingers.
- Chill until firm, approximately 4 hours.
- TO SERVE: Slice loaf.
- Top each slice with whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, if desired.