Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
Our family looks as much forward to this on the day after Thanksgiving as we do to the Thanksgiving meal! My Aunt passed this on to my Mom many years ago. It is simple to assemble and it's delicious! I use a deep baking dish as this tends to bubble as it cooks. I also will roast a Turkey breast the day before, if I'm not planning a big Turkey dinner, so we can enjoy this any time of the year!
Top Review by MarylandMomof3
This is very similar from my moms recipe. The changes we add are instead of cheddar, we use slices of american to cover. I usually add about 2 T dijon to the sauce. Don't forget to salt and pepper the whole thing-especially pepper. It's great comfort food and easy to find ingredients in the pantry(thus the american).
- 2 (566.99 g) packagefrozen broccoli, spears
- 473.18-709.77 ml cooked turkey, cut up
- 453.59 g extra-sharp cheddar cheese, block
- 396.89 g can evaporated milk
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 99.22 g can fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook Brocolli to tender crisp stage, drain.
- Place Brocolli in 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer Turkey on top of Brocolli.
- Slice cheese block, place slices on top of Turkey.
- Blend evaporated milk and soup.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over cheese, Turkey and Brocolli layers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle fried onions evenly on top, bake 3-5 minutes longer or until onions are heated.
- Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes- Enjoy!