Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ira Freehof, The Comfort Diner
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberry sauce (or whole berry cranberry sauce)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices turkey (or 16 thin deli slices)
- Assemble each sandwich: spread ½ teaspoon butter on 1 side of each bread slice; place bread, butter side down on a clean work suface.
- Swipe 1 side of 1 slice with 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce; top with 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices turkey; close sandwich with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; place sandwich on the heat for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich and heat for 2 minutes more; both sides of bread should be lightly toasted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding butter to the pan as needed.