Recipe by Dreamgoddess
My family loves this curry served on it's own, but I love it served over rice. If serving over rice, I suggest basmati.
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 10 ounces frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey cutlets, cut in 1-inch strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shallots, ginger, garlic, curry powder and 1/3 c water in a blender; blend until smooth.
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a Dutch oven.
- Pour in the shallot mixture and, stirring frequently, cook about 3-5 minutes or until the mixture starts to darken.
- Add in the potatoes, continuing to stir frequently.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown.
- Add the okra and 3c water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the turkey and cook 3-4 minutes more (the turkey should be opaque throughout when done).
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.