Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and tasty. Serve with roti or rice.
- 225 g courgettes (Turai, sliced into 5 mm rounds)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chilies (Hari Mirch, or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (Hara Dhania, chopped) or 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf (Hara Dhania, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon grounded coriander (Pisa Dhania)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Sufaid Saabut Zeera)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion and cumin seeds. When they start to crackle, add the courgette slices. Stir and sprinkle with the chilli, coriander and turmeric powder(s). Mix well and add the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, the green chilli and fresh coriander.
- Cover and cook for about 10-12 mins or until done.