Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
As an old time former Tupperware Manager I used to use this recipe alot for Parties, and it is so darned easy. What I would do is make the bread at home, wrap the loaves in nice saran wrap and cellophane with bow, and give as game prizes with recipes given out to everyone who ordered any of the Bowls, Mix and Store, measuring cups or spoons. I am submitting it here so any dealers who might want to use it for their Parties can...and all us who have the old Fix and Mix bowls will surely enjoy making this. Rising time not included in prepartion time, as it is passive time that is spent doing something else.
- 3 3⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 10 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- Mix Yeast with warm water in Fix n' Mix bowl. Add sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 5 cups flour. Mix well with electric mixer.
- Add last 5 cups flour and stir by hand (you might want to wear gloves during this stage).
- Put seal on bowl and let rise until seal pops off.
- Divide into 4 loaves and put into greased pans. Let set 40 minutes covered with a moist towel. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
This brings back so many memories of going to my grandma's for Sunday dinner. This is the exact same recipe my mom and grandmother would use. I made this into dinner rolls for Thanksgiving for my husband's family and I got a lot of compliments. They make a lot but it's so worth it.
Loved this...so easy! Thanks.
This is by far the best homemade bread I've ever made! The taste and texture are perfect. I can't get over how easy it is to make. No kneading!