- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cake pan and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold in all dry ingredients except for almonds.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with almonds on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- You can make a simple sugar syrup glaze to coat the top if you desire.