Recipe by Susie T
This simple tuna casserole in one of the fillings that I put in vol-au-vents. You can just about fill it with any type of casserole of your choice.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 600 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 4 large vol-au-vent cases
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan and add onion and saute for a few minutes until soft.
- Add tuna and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix flour into tuna mixture and cook stirring at all times for a another minute.
- Add milk, salt and pepper to taste, curry powder and corn and stir until thick.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Place vol-au-vents on a baking tray and pour tuna mixture in each one.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in a moderate oven until cheese is melted.