Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A stack of soft tortillas filled with tuna, chili & cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounces tuna in vegetable oil
- 14 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan. Cook the onion until soft. Stir in the chili powder and chili and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the tuna and kidney beans and season to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a heatproof plate. Spread over a little sauce, sprinkle with cheese and continue layering the tortillas, sauce and cheese. Finish with a tortilla sprinkled with cheese.
- Place the plate on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.