Recipe by Highland Hedy
This is a pasta salad I created as I have an intolerance to preservatives and cannot use jars of pasta sauce etc. My family enjoys it - hope you do too!
- 250 g penne pasta, cooked via packet directions (I use San Remo Wholewheat)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 large crushed garlic cloves
- 1 small zucchini, peeled & grated
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 250 g diced bacon, fat removed
- 1 cup stock (I use veggie)
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in brine, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to packet directions.
- Sauté onion, garlic, celery, and zucchini.
- Grill bacon and dice.
- Add to onion mixture.
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add tuna.
- Add enough stock to make consistency to your liking.
- Add herbs (and another clove of fresh garlic if you like it like that!).
- Mix in pasta or pour over prepared pasta.
- Serve with fresh breadstick and or nice side salad!