Recipe by Buckwalter
I never liked Tuna until I met albacore. My mother encouraged me to start experimenting with this tuna to create a tasty salad. This provides a wonderful protein punch at lunchtime.
Top Review by LainieBug
I used 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots, 2 tablespoons of chopped dill pickles and an extra tablespoon of sour cream. Served this on whole wheat bread and it was very good. Loved the crunchiness of the carrots and am planning to add chopped red onion to the leftovers, since I like onion w/ my tuna fish.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna (white)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon bread & butter pickle, finely diced (or any dill pickle)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: This recipe is to taste.
- Please increase or decrease any of the ingredients according to your palate.
- Also, use a hand food chopper to dice carrots and pickles (such as Pampered Chef's).
- Use the hand chopper to finely chop the carrots and pickles.
- Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Drain the tuna and remove from can.
- Either flake tuna with a fork or chop with the food chopper.
- Add to bowl.
- Add ground mustard and paprka.
- Combine all ingredients.
- To tuna mixture, add one tablespoon of both Miracle Whip and Sour Cream.
- Combine and add remaining Miracle Whip and Sour Cream if needed to attain your preferred consistency.
- Taste mixture and add any additional spices that suit your palate.