Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Instead of plain ol' tuna-salad-sandwiches for lunch, try this variation. Also great when you need a light, fast dinner. This recipe easily cuts in half, to serve just 1 or 2.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup italian-style seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, carrot, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and cayenne; shape mixture into four patties.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute tuna patties for four to five minutes on each side; turn carefully as they easily fall apart.
- Serve on hamburger buns (really nice if toasted) with your choice of condiments; I recommend lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.
Fabulous recipe. Een the kids liked these, and we loved that they're pretty heart healthy. Didn't add anything to the recipe (which is odd for me) - it was great as is. Served them on hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato and light mayo. Excellent!
I loved it though it took me a while longer than 15 min to make! I added about 1 tbsp of oats to soak in the moisture from the carrots, maybe that´s why the burgers weren´t falling apart like you have been warning. Served with gnocci and fresh tomato salad - yummmm! Thanks!
I tried these again with the carrots and they were wonderful! I did not have a problem keeping them together. So very simple to make with an excellent flavor. I will make these again and again. I now LOVE tuna patties!!!