Recipe by mimithomas1
This is a delicious, creamy alternative to those recipes that have canned, processed soup in them!
Top Review by trasarra
This is a very basic, versatile recipe that was fun to add things to that I had on hand. Instead of: milk I used half and half, breadcrumbs I used potato chips, peas I used chopped parsley - chopped green onions - chopped red & green peppers (about 3 tablespoons each), Parmesan I used Asiago (and I doubled the amount). I also added 4 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. It was delicious, fresh, creamy, cheesy and the potato chips on top were a hat tip to my childhood favorites. This is a keeper...NO canned soup!!
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 12 ounces tuna, well-drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles as directed, then drain.
- Return noodles to the cooking pot with well-drained tuna, frozen peas (I place them in a bowl of water then drain them to thaw some), sour cream, ricotta, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes.