Recipe by Triedandtested
Quick and easy recipe for a fantastically tasty supper dish - serve with seasonal vegetables.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups white sauce
- 370 g tuna in vegetable oil
- mature cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the potatoes and bring to the boil in slightly salted water. Boil for 10-15 mins until tender all through. Meanwhile bring the white sauce to a simmer and then add the flaked canned tuna along with half the oil. Bring back to the boil and season to your taste.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a good chunk of butter and the cream until you have a nice smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour the tuna fish and sauce into a large casserole dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Grate some cheddar cheese (or other strong tasting cheese that grills well) to give you a good covering and top with sliced tomatoes. Place the dish in a preheated oven or grill until the cheese melts and starts to bubble. Serve immediately with seasonal vegetables or salad.
- Tip - This can be made the night before just don't finish off in the grill and put in individual pie dishes instead of a casserole dish. 3 mins in the microwave and you have an instant supper.