Recipe by Ju_Staniford
This recipe was given to me by my mother and is a favourite at our family gatherings. It's ideal as part of a 'Bring and Share' or as an accompaniment to spicy fried chicken. It's a salad and has lots of healthy things in it. But the mayonnaise makes it very fattening. Don't be put off by the strange combination of ingredients - everyone I know who has tried this has loved it.
- 1 (185 g) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 250 g of uncooked fusilli
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the flaked tuna into a good-sized salad bowl and mix in the peppers and apple.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir in the mayonnaise a tablespoon at a time until everything is well-coated.