Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a tuna-cucumber-pasta recipe that delivers amazing fresh flavors and has always been a favorite whenever it has been served. Guaranteed to be the WOW factor of your meal. This recipe and some of my other favorites are on: dougsdinners.blogspot.com
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta (rotini pasta preferred, tri-color fun for summer) or 1 (8 ounce) packageelbow macaroni noodles (rotini pasta preferred, tri-color fun for summer)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing (I think Good Seasons is superior to Wish Bone)
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, chopped fine or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, then each half cut in two lengthwise again and then sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, well drained by pressing lid hard on tuna while holding can upside down over sink (Costco Solid White Albacore tuna is wonderful! Bumblebee albacore in water second)
- Prepare macaroni or pasta as directed on package. Combine mayonnaise, Italian dressing, mustard, and dill. Add pasta to dressing and mix well. Place vegetables and tuna in salad bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add pasta and dressing mixture and toss all ingredients gently. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving.
- NOTES: Good Seasons Italian salad dressing makes an easy, wonderful marinade for chicken on the grill. Place chicken pieces in Ziploc bag with ½ cup salad dressing for at least one hour. Be careful, remembering that the dressing is made with salad oil and will flare up at first as the oil ignites. It can also be used dry as a rub.
- Good Seasons salad dressing is becoming harder to find as Kraft Foods moves toward higher end premium dressings.
This is a delicious salad. Thanks Chef #1396413 for a great lunch. Made for Let's Party! ~~2011~~ tag game.