Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Been craving for hearty soups recently as it is now autumn here in Melbourne.. and I came up with this recipe this evening.
- 1 (100 g) can tuna in water, do not drain
- 1 (100 g) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 300 ml milk, I used skim
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk until well blended.
- Add milk, stir until incorporated, and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- Add onion and broccoli, simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add tuna (and the liquid), corn, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer until thickens and broccoli is tender - approximately 10 minutes.
- (optional) Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving. Serve with baguette or garlic bread, if desired.
Tasty, I loved the corn. Also added a small jar of pimentos for color.