Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy, quick meal which is really delicious. It's a great comfort food of mine, only trouble is I always want more than one bowl!
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk tuna
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- Worcestershire sauce, as much as you like
- cheddar cheese, as much as you like
- black pepper
- Cook Pasta according to packet instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, chop shallots and drain tuna.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- In the pan just used to cook pasta, gently fry shallots in oil until starting to brown.
- Add tuna and stir to heat. At this point splash in the worcestershire sauce, as much as you like!
- Add pasta to hot tuna mix and stir until pasta is fully coated.
- Grate in some cheddar cheese, stir around, then grate in a bit more. I find this gets the pasta coated better than just adding all cheese at once.
- Heat for about 5-10 minutes more. Leave it without stirring for little periods at a time, this allows the cheesey tuna to catch on the pasta and makes it crispy in places.
- Serve in deep bowls with a glass of wine :o).