Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old favourite of mine
- 1 can tuna in brine or 1 can tuna in water
- 1 can campbell's cream of asparagus soup
- 1 can small corn kernel
- 1 can asparagus spear, and cuts
- 400 g pasta (e.g. penne "or" spirals etc)
- 1 -2 cup cheese (tasty "or" cheddar)
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder (I prefer Keens)
- 2 cups bechamel sauce or 2 cups white sauce, using two tablespoons butter and flour and two cups of milk and sprinkle of nutmeg
- Place bechamel/white sauce and can of asparagus soup in a saucepan and heat together over low to medium heat with curry powder and nutmeg, season with salt and pepper.
- Add approx ½ cup of the cheese and stir in thoroughly.
- Heat pasta until cooked.
- Place tuna, cooked pasta, sauce, canned asparagus, canned corn in a baking dish and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and heat in oven on approx 180oC until cheese has melted and browned slightly (approx 20 minutes).
- You could also use breadcrumbs with the cheese on top if you prefer.
A delicious recipe. My husband makes a version of it without the soup, and adds a squeeze of lemon juice to the tuna for extra taste.