This is an easy and delicious recipe that gets its name from being so good that you will eat too much and get a tummy ache.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, mostly drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil macaroni as directed on box.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- 4Add onions to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly soft.
- 5Add ground beef to pan and cook until browned.
- 6Add green pepper to pan about 2 minutes before beef is browned. This is optional but the green pepper will be crunchy otherwise.
- 7While ground beef is cooking, combine diced tomatoes, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the french fried onions, and season-all in a large bowl.
- 8When the ground beef is done, drain grease, and add beef and cooked/drained macaroni to bowl.
- 9Mix ingredients in bowl and transfer to 3 quart baking pan.
- 10Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining french fried onions over the top of casserole and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tummy-Ache Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 705.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: