Recipe by Noodles
This is an easy and delicious recipe that gets its name from being so good that you will eat too much and get a tummy ache.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, mostly drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil macaroni as directed on box.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add onions to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add ground beef to pan and cook until browned.
- Add green pepper to pan about 2 minutes before beef is browned. This is optional but the green pepper will be crunchy otherwise.
- While ground beef is cooking, combine diced tomatoes, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the french fried onions, and season-all in a large bowl.
- When the ground beef is done, drain grease, and add beef and cooked/drained macaroni to bowl.
- Mix ingredients in bowl and transfer to 3 quart baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining french fried onions over the top of casserole and bake for an additional 5 minutes.