Recipe by Mitch Smith
This is a creamy chicken and rice recipe that I cook on the tugboat for the crew. The chicken should be moist and tender when done.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups long grain rice (Not minute rice)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off fat and rinse off chicken pieces.
- Mix rice, water, cans of soup and milk together in a baking pan.
- Place the chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix on top of the chicken, or just use salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes.