1/1 Photo of Truly Amazing Tuna Mayonnaise
I cannot recall ever using the words *amazing* or *fabulous* in a recipe title, but I had to make an exception for this wonderful recipe from the *Dinner Party* cookbook of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series. This is so versatile & you are almost certain to view tartar sauce as ordinary by comparison & obsolete in most cases. Pls see notes following prep for recipe comments & a variety of serving suggestions. *Enjoy*
My Private Note
1 tbsp ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a blender, immersion blender or food processor -- blend egg yolks & lemon juice till smooth.
- 2While continuing to blend, all oils gradually till the mixture is thick.
- 3Add garlic, capers, tuna + cream & blend till smooth.
- 4Recipe Notes: Best made a day ahead to allow flavors to develop & blend -- Store covered in refrigerator -- Not suitable for use in freezer or microwave -- May add dill or curry powder to portions of the yield when those flavors are desired.
- 5Serving Suggestions: Serve as a condiment to accompany or use as a sauce to dress tuna patties, grilled tuna steaks & baked, broiled or poached white fish fillets -- Spoon desired amt atop mixed green salads as a dressing & toss to serve -- Sub for reg mayo in tuna salad, shrimp salad, macaroni/pasta salads or devilled eggs -- or use as your imagination dictates. :-).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truly Amazing Tuna Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g