Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
YOU deserve to EXPERIENCE these gourmet truffles that are so smooth, creamy, and a sinfully delicious. Kahlua soaked Raisins and toasted Pecan are smothered in Ganache giving you a little texture to bite into as the rich creamy chocolate melts in your mouth. A PERFECT ending to any Day!.
- 2 ounces golden raisins (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup best-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat raisins and Kahlua in microwave oven for 20 seconds dissolve espresso in Kahlua then set aside.
- Place butter and cream in a microwave oven heat until the cream just starts to boil. Remove from microwave oven whisk in chips until melted and combined with cream.
- Reheat in micro if needed for a couple seconds. The ganache will be rich and creamy.
- Combine pecans and Kahlua soaked raisins to ganache. Chill in refrigerated for just a couple hours just till firm enough to shape.
- Mix cocoa and brown sugar and place in a large zip lock bag.
- Fun messy part:.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Adding the ball to the bag as you roll them. Give a shake to coat after a couple ball are made. Place the truffles in the refrigerator to harden for at least an hour and let flavors meld.
This was so good. I've never had gourmet truffles before, so this was a real nice treat. I love having raisins and chocolate together, and every ingredient went well together.
Quite tasty and not overly sweet. They firmed up very nicely â€“ as good as fudge rather than remaining a bit squishy the way truffles often do. I think I would have liked a stronger Kahlua flavor â€“ its just a hint of extra richness to the chocolate rather than a noticeable flavor-partner.