Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Received online; this is how a lot of the bars in WI make bloody marys. Some also add canned mushrooms, dill pickle spears, and beef sausage sticks.
- Fill a large tumbler with ice cubes. Pour in the vodka, then drop in the olives and the olive brine.
- Season with celery salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with tomato and clam juice cocktail.
- Stir with the celery stalk and leave it in as a garnish.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of celery salt before serving.
Decided to make this in preparation for my trip to New Orleans which has wonderful Bloody Mary's. It was really good and I enjoyed the flavor, it was spot on. I never got a chance to post this before leaving on my trip, so I must say it rivaled a couple of the Bloody Marys I had in New Orleans and surpassed many of them.
Excellent Bloody Mary. Thanks! Made for "Best of 2011 Cookbook Tag.
This is the best Bloody Mary I had. I used celery seed instead of celery salt. Thanks AZPARZYCH :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for October 2011