Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Definately NOT a low calorie, low fat recipe. You can make them less fattening by prepare as directed except use light sour cream, reduced fat cheeses, and reducing the butter to 2 tablespoons. Omit chopped avocado.
- 907.18-1020.58 g small red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes and chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt and red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a 350º oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado and green onion, if desired.
I wish I could rate this recipe higher but it just did not work out for us. There was nothing wrong with it and I followed the directions exactly. I like all of the ingredients so it wasn't a matter of not liking it because of that. I honestly do not know. My husband said it was a little too spicy and for me I think it might have been the diced tomatoes in it. It was creamy and gooey just like potatoes should be, we just didn't care too much for it. I am sorry for the 3 stars and I really had to wrestle with myself as to whether I should rate it or not but since I picked it for PAC6 I figured I better. You are still one of my favorite Zaar chefs!!!!!