1/1 Photo of Truckstop Potatoes
Definately NOT a low calorie, low fat recipe. You can make them less fattening by prepare as directed except use light sour cream, reduced fat cheeses, and reducing the butter to 2 tablespoons. Omit chopped avocado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18-1020.58 g small red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- 1In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes and chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- 2Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt and red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- 3Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 4Bake in a 350º oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado and green onion, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truckstop Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 387.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g