Recipe by AngelaTN
Someone brought this to a church dinner, and I have never seen so many people scramble for a recipe. It's superb! I am afraid I will lose my only copy, so I am posting it here for safekeeping.
Top Review by beancooker
I made this exactly as written. While thetaste was good,I think it needs a little work. First, you could cut the butter in half at least.Second, you can not spread the in mix on top of the batter.
- 1 large vidalia onion (may substitute yellow, but Vidalia is preferred)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 drops pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube onion and sautee in butter; set aside.
- Combine corn muffin mix, egg, milk, creamed corn and pepper sauce; pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- Combine onion with sour cream, salt, dill weed and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spread onion mixture over batter and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes.