1/2 Photos of Trout Stuffed With Couscous, Almonds and Herbs
Chef Kate's Note:
From "The Moroccan Collection: Traditional Flavors from Northern Africa" by By Hilaire Walden. A delicious and very easy dish--serve garnished with fresh mint and lemon wedges and plently of warm bread on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 1 1/4 cups fish stock (or vegetable stock or clam juice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 4 (12 ounce) trout, whole, cleaned, heads removed and boned
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry until softened, adding the garlic toward the end.
- 2Stir in the couscous, fish or vegetable stock, parsley and mint.
- 3Bring to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and leave for 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F
- 5Season the trout with salt and pepper and fill the cavity of each with one-fourth of the couscous mixture.
- 6Lay the fish in a greased shallow baking dish.
- 7Mix the remaining oil with the almonds and spoon over the fish.
- 8Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trout Stuffed With Couscous, Almonds and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.4
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 199.5 mg
- Sodium 355.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 80.5 g