Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a very different and delicious pound cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 6 white chocolate baking squares, melted, cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder & salt; set aside.
- Mix sour cream & pineapple; set aside.
- Beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in melted chocolate & vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, alternately with sour cream mixture beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add coconut; mix well.
- Pour into greased & floured 10" tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until tests done with toothpick.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Loosen from sides and and invert on rack; remove from pan.Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- This can also be made in 9x5 loaf pans.
It was so easy to make and it was delicious!! It did get crumbly as I was cutting it though.