Recipe by Annacia
The bread machine is used to mix and knead the banana-flavored yeast dough, which is rolled out and sprinkled with brown sugar and spices. Most of the prep time is rising time.
Top Review by Buckdawna
I really liked the ease and great flavors in this recipe. I didn't feel like breaking out my bread machine, and I didn't have bread flour, so I used basic bread techniques (kneading and such) and AP flour. My husband claims to hate coconut, but easily ate 2/3 of the loaf. I wish the filling had stayed together a little better, as it tended to fall out when you cut the slices. Perhaps mixing the butter with the other filling ingredients would have accomplished that. Overall, great recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 1 large banana, very ripe in 1-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 14.79 ml bread flour
- 12.32 ml bread machine yeast
SWIRLIN SPICE FILLING
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 44.37 ml chopped cashews (or macadamia's)
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dough ingredients in the bread pan in the order suggested by bread machine instructions.
- Set for white bread, dough stage.
- Press start.
- When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured board and punch down.
- Let rest a few minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle 9 inches wide.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, nuts,and coconut.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough.
- Roll up the dough, jellyroll fashion, starting with a short (9-inch) side, forming a loaf; pinch the edge to seal.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the shaped loaf in the pan, seam side down.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Remove bread from pan and cool on cake rack for 1 hour before slicing.