Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 medium fresh cantaloupe, rind and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- Purée cantaloupe chunks in blender or food processor.
- Strain through sieve.
- Discard pulp.
- Heat 1/4 cup strained cantaloupe juice with cornstarch.
- stirring constantly, bring to a boil to clear cornstarch.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/3 cups cantaloupe juice.
- In another saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar.
- Heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Combine cantaloupe and orange mixtures, stir in lemon rind.
- Serve hot or cold, poured over ice cream and melon chunks.