Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Found this in my local paper and thought it would be a great taste of summer in the wintertime.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (not drained)
- 1⁄2-1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 -8 very ripe bananas
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup orange marmalade (or you can use 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate thawed)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecan pieces (or nuts of your choice)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut margarine into 4 pieces and melt in microwave in a small dish.
- Set aside.
- Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread pineapple with juice evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle coconut over pineapple.
- Cut bananas 1/4 inch thick, place evenly over coconut.
- Microwave marmalade for high 30 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- Spoon marmalade evenly over fruit (or you can use the orange juice concentrate).
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake is bubbly.