Recipe by *Parsley*
This recipe was given to me by my bachelor brother, after he made it, so I figured I had to post this (my brother never cooked). It's very simple; uses a cake mix and whipped topping.
Top Review by Mareesme
It's a warm day today and a pineapple lemon cake sounded so refreshing. I'm a lemon lover, so added some juice to the cake batter and a little more than what was called for in the topping, but either way is wonderful. I've never used condensed milk added to a topping, and it really made the cake different and delicious -- one that I will make again and again.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a 13" x 9" glass baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and pineapple in a mixing bowl; blend on low speed, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts, if using them.
- Pour batter into the prepared 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- For topping, blend all topping ingredients, mixing well; spread evenly over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate cake after cake is topped.