Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Robin Robertson's "Quick-fix Vegetarian"
Make and share this Tropical Mango Pastry Purses recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 mangoes, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- icing sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg Celsius
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface to about a 24 cm square. Cut the pastry into square quarters.
- Chop the mangoes and divide among the pastry, placing a spoonful in the centre of each pastry square. Top the mangoes with a sprinkling of coconut and nuts and a pinch of sugar.
- Gather the corners of the pastry squares together and pinch them together to envelop the filling. Twist the corners of each pastry together so it looks like a little bundle.
- Repeat until all the bundles are sealed.
- Place them on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.