Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A slightly different way to dress up that boring old pre-formed hamburger patty. This is also good with chicken breasts. Cooking time includes marinating the hamburger patties - chicken needs longer.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup Midori melon liqueur
- 6 hamburger patties
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- lettuce (optional)
- Marinate the hamburger patties in the orange juice and Midori for 1/2 an hour or longer. If you are using chicken it is best to marinate it overnight.
- Warning this recipe is for those pre-formed pressed hamburger patties if you use handmade hamburger patties they may fall apart when you marinate them, Instead just brush a bit of marinade on them.
- Remove patties from marinade and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill meat until desired doneness is reached.
- Serve hamburger on bun with one slice of pineapple with coconut sprinkled on pineapple, add one slice of onion, add lettuce if desired and top with bun top.
I used frozen, thawed turkey patties for this recipe with great results. And it is very true that you would most likely nor be able to use handformed burgers since the pre formed patties were kinds falling apart (but in a good way). This was the first time I marinated my burgers, but most def. not my last! The flavor citrusy flavor that is brought into the patties is unbeliveably good. I left off the coconut since I do not like coconut in my savory dishes. I made this on my indoor grill with good results also. Excellent recipe I plan on making much more in the summer months.