Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love green beans - especially thick crisp garden fresh Romas. Our pole beans are coming in now & I'm digging out all my favorite ways to have green Beans. This recipe came in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world. Elegant & yum. Thanks, Lavendar!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cleaned, cut and dried
- 1 yellow onion, cut into rings
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 hearts of palm, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, packed in oil, diced
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a large baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Put green beans, onion, and garlic in dish, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring beans at least 3 times.
- When tender, remove beans from oven and transfer to bowl. Immediately drizzle with vinegar. Add hearts of palm, tomatoes, pine nits and pepper to taste and toss.
- Serve warm or room temperature.