Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
To make jello a little more interesting, I added my favourite tropical fruits and it worked beautifully! This is so refreshing on a hot day and the low sugar version is great for waistline-watchers. I use sugar free jello but feel free to use a small packet of regular peach jello. I have been told that fresh pineapple prevents gelatin from setting so only use canned for this recipe. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packagesugar free peach Jello
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup canned pineapple chunk (cut into smaller cubes if desired)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, from the can of pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh mango
- In a heatproof jug, mix the jello powder with the boiling water until dissolved.
- Add the cold water and pineapple juice. Put in the fridge for about an hour, until starting to set but not set yet.
- Add the fruit, evenly scattered through the jello (if it immediately falls to the bottom, put it back in the fridge to set a little more).
- Put back in the fridge until completely set.
I had to sub pina colada jello for the peach in this. I made it as written and thoroughly enjoyed the great tropical flavors. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.
Wonderful!! I did make a minor change in using an orange flavored s/f gelatin mix instead of peach but other than that followed everything precisely. This set up perfectly and was very refreshing used as our dessert last night. Made for your win in Summer Spectacular in the Cooking Games with Friends forum. :)