I took a long detour around a pineapple fritter recipe and concocted these. We found them to be quite tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1/4 c.
- 2sugar with cinnamon and put aside.
- 3This will be sprinkled on top of the fritters after they are fried.
- 4Heat oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit While oil is heating, In a medium bowl, mix pineapple (don't drain), coconut, Macadamia nuts, flour, 1/2 c.
- 5sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 6Dough will be thick.
- 7Using a tablespoon, drop dough into oil.
- 8Fry until golden (about 2 minutes per side) Place on paper towel to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 9These are best served warm.
- 10If serving cold make sure to sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar on while they are still warm.
- 11Could also be sprinkled with confectioners' sugar (10x).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Fritter Snacks
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 486.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g