Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I took a long detour around a pineapple fritter recipe and concocted these. We found them to be quite tasty.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (toasted is ok)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix 1/4 c.
- sugar with cinnamon and put aside.
- This will be sprinkled on top of the fritters after they are fried.
- Heat oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit While oil is heating, In a medium bowl, mix pineapple (don't drain), coconut, Macadamia nuts, flour, 1/2 c.
- sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Dough will be thick.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough into oil.
- Fry until golden (about 2 minutes per side) Place on paper towel to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- These are best served warm.
- If serving cold make sure to sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar on while they are still warm.
- Could also be sprinkled with confectioners' sugar (10x).
This was soooo good, I'm glad I didn't have to share with anyone. I made these while "under the weather", and feasted on them all day long! What a way to pamper myself! If you want an easy and scrumptious treat, this is it. However, let me say I did change, or rather substitute, some things. I really don't like coconut in something but I love the flavor so used 2 tsp coconut extract. Then I had no macadamia nuts so used 1/3 cup pinenuts, didn't have to chop them!