Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low in sodium & cholesterol, a yummy breakfast treat. From Sunmaid Fruit and Sunshine Recipe Book
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 (12 ounce) can skim evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 medium banana, diced
- Combine water, rice, and pineapple liquid in a 2-qt saucepan. Cook over high heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered, stirring olcassionally until most of the water is absorbed, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in milk and increase heat to high. Cook until mixture boils, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until most of the milk is absorbed and mixture is soft and creamy, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in Pineapple, raisins, coconut, almonds and banana.