Recipe by mollypaul
A palate-pleasing blend of cheese and beer.
Top Review by valentine.cassidy
I made this at x-mas for my hubby's very Irish family. They loved it, though they do tend to prefer strong flavors (which this is). I used the Dubliner chedder and also the Kerry Gold Irish White. This made the dip a lovely tan color, instead of the unfortunate color it may have turned had I used an orange color cheese. Oh, I also left out the seeds. Try serving it with green apples and thick pretzle rods, the pumpernickle onoin ones work great! I'm making it again tonight for a Paddy's party. I'm sure some people will be scared of it, but they are probably the same people who think Guinness is "too heavy".
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cut up
- 2 ounces blue cheese, cut up
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup Guinness stout
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cut up cheddar, blue cheese and cream cheeses in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add caraway seeds, paprika and beer.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or crock.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or spread on grilled hamburgers or hot dogs.