Recipe by *Z*
I got this from a magazine. I haven't made it yet, but it's on the to-do list!
Top Review by FloridaNative
We loved this onion dip ~ very tasty! Liked the blend of different onions and with the Worcestershire it created a great flavor experience. I used fat free sour cream and 1 clove of fresh pressed garlic ~ this did not detract from the mix. A keeper dip recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarse-ground
- sliced red onion ring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions, red onion, and green onions.
- Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Reduce heat if onions start to brown.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool completely.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir into cooled onion mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Before serving, garnish with red onion rings, if desired.