Recipe by Hag chef
This version of twice baked potatoes features a rich filling of onions, bacon, sour cream and cheese.
Top Review by mama smurf
Fixed these tonight to go with Recipe#340332#340332 and brocooli...wonderful!!! I cut the recipe in half and the only thing I did differently was to add a minced clove of garlic. Delicious...I will be making these often. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Game 2009.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400º for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute red and yellow onions until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving an 1/8-in.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream and milk until creamy.
- Stir in sauteed onions, American cheese and 1 cup of bacon.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400º for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions and remaining bacon.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.