Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was in today's paper. It won the grand prize in an "Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie" contest. It sounds really good and very simple to make. Can't wait to try it out!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place margarine in large microwavable bowl; cover loosely with waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well blended (dough will be very stiff) Drop dough by level 1/4 c, two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake 13-17 minutes, just until set.
- Do not overbake.
- Centers should be soft.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies were indeed quick and easy to make. However, they lacked the "yum" factor I was expecting in a contest winner.
These are so easy and delicious and do not taste like they started with a cake mix! They come out chewy, gooey and chocolaty. I made them smaller (about 1 1/2 inch balls) and they needed 7 minutes of bake time. I only baked half the dough and wrapped the rest and refrigerated, so I will try them larger next time. Thank you for posting these!