Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Three types of cheese and a squirt of mustard make this comforting dish sing!
Make and share this Triple-Cheese Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Creamy, cheesy and just about perfect in every way! My DD LOVES macaroni and cheese, so this was a great find to get her to sit and eat lunch. I served with hot dogs and she gobbled it up and asked for another bowl. Unheard of from my very fussy DD who survives on Ramen Noodles most of the time!
This is an excellent recipe that I found in Taste of Home magazine originally. I came tonight to post here and found it already here! Thanks for sharing, Parsley!
Cheesey and delicious! Even though it contains eggs, it's still moist and not too custardy. I loved the hint of mustard. Thanx for shring. My kids totally approve. :)