Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your kitchen will smell so wonderful while this is baking. Recipe from Quick Cooking. Cook time per breadmaking machine.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 3⁄4 cup warm apple juice (70 to 80 degrees)
- 1⁄4 cup warm applesauce (70 to 80 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Use basic bread setting.
- Check dough after five minutes of mixing and add 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of water or flour as needed.
This bread is wonderful and nice change from whites and wheats, I love to smell it cooking or toasting. I did use cinnamon apple sauce and an extra bit of cinnamon in my 2nd loaf and we all liked it better. Thanks for a great recipe to my collection
We really liked the way this turned out, although it was way too sticky and wet with these proportions (and I'm a careful measurer) so I think I had to add another 2 - 3 tablespoons of flour. Also, hubby was disappointed that the apple got completely mixed in and wasn't more noticeable, so I might wait to mix it in later instead of at the start. Or maybe chop it more coarsely. But we'll definitely be making this again!
this was really good bread - my first time using the bread maker on my own - might add some nuts next time. i will make this again though