My mother made a great trifle, my sister made her additions, I made mine, this is it. This may not be the "real" way to make trifle, but it's been our family way for as long as I can remember. This is super quick to assemble if you don't make the custard yourself (sorry mum).
- Make up the two jellies according to packet directions: allow to chill and set.
- Line a decorative glass bowl with the slices of jam roll.
- Sprinkle the jam roll slices with the liqueur.
- Spread the fruit over this.
- Spread the custard evenly over this.
- Spread the cream over this.
- Take a fork and break up the jelly. Arrange it attractively over the cream.
- Allow to chill a few hours before serving to let the flavour develop.