Recipe by Anacat
A zingy variation on pasta salad, in a Mediterranean style. I designed it one day when I wanted to bring something different to a picnic and found tricolored pasta in the pasta aisle.
- 1 (12 ounce) package tri-colored pasta (spirals work well)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 6 ounces dried tomatoes
- 1 pint Greek olive (or mixed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (not canned)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta.
- While waiting for water to boil, cut dried tomatoes into strips (scissors work well).
- Cook pasta according to instructions (al dente).
- Add tomates to freshly drained pasta.
- Slice peppers and artichoke hearts, add to mixture.
- Crumble feta, add to mixture.
- Add olives and seasoning (to taste).
- Sprinkle liberally with vinegar, some will be absorbed.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.