Mediterranean-Style Pasta Salad
This is a wonderful pasta dish to serve during the hot summer nights. It is nice and light yet very sophisticated. Prep time does not include time needed for chilling.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried mostaccioli pasta
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pitted kalamata olive
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl combine cooked pasta with remaining ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 4-8 hours.
- Stir gently before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A very nice pasta salad, simple and easy to make. We thought that it was a bit dry and were worried that by adding more vinaigrette it would be too rich, so I may add a little mayonnaise to thin the vinaigrette out next time! I did not have any kalamata olives, so used green, which I prefer anyway! I also had to chop my tomatoes into smaller pieces, as they were a little too big, but that in no way detracted from the recipe. A simple and nice salad, I would probably add a few fresh herbs next time, for a little more interest, but this is a great basic and easy recipe to have tucked under my belt for summer! Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap, thanks for posting. FT:-) (PS - I used macaroni pasta, it was same flavour as the pasta suggested, but a different shape!)Reply
see 1 more